Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
Hills Schools Industry Partnership will be setting up a new advisory panel as part of their continuing commitment to providing quality work placements within the Hills and Hornsby area.
We are looking for representation from all stakeholders including, school staff, parents, employers and related peak bodies.
The panel will meet either half yearly or quarterly at the Baulkham Hills office at a time decided by members between normal working hours (8am-5pm). It is not envisaged that these meetings will be longer than one and a half hours.
Hills Schools Industry Partnership source over 1800 placements for local High School Certificate students each year and we continue to look for initiatives which will enhance these opportunities for students within an ever changing environment.
We are looking for representatives from school staff, parents, employers and related peak bodies who are interested in the VET curriculum areas. (This includes VET subjects in Construction, Entertainment, Hospitality, IT, Business Services, Electrotechnology, Retail, Automotive, Primary Industries, Aged Care & Nursing and Manufacturing, which are delivered either through school or a local TAFE)
If you feel you can bring any of the following skills/knowledge to the panel, such as:
Industry knowledge, education experience, training, strategic thinking, working with disabilities, working with apprentices and trainees, recruitment practices, mentoring youth, experience with the hospitality, construction, IT, business, entertainment, tourism, automotive, manufacturing, electrical and retail industries;
Please complete the EOI form linked to this article or contact us at email@example.com to find out more about the work to be undertaken by our advisory panel.
If you want to attend one of our two information sessions on Tuesday 15th February 2011 please RSVP by returning the Attendance Form linked to this article by the 11th February 2011. Details for the sessions are:
Venue: The Schools Industry Partnership offices
Building 16, Balcombe heights Estate, 92 Seven Hills Rd, Baulkham Hills, 2153
Sessions: Morning 10am – 12pm
Afternoon 2pm – 4pm
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards