Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs has released the latest report - 'Closing the Gap- Prime Minister's Report 2011'.
The third report on 'Closing the Gap' outlines the progress being made with regard to meeting targets set out by the Government. The targets are listed below:
• Close the gap in life expectancy between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians by 2031.
• Halve the gap in mortality rates for Indigenous children under five by 2018.
• Ensure access to early childhood education for all Indigenous four year olds in remote communities by 2013.
• Halve the gap in reading, writing and numeracy achievement for Indigenous children by 2018.
• Halve the gap in Year 12 or equivalent attainment rates for Indigenous young people by 2020.
• Halve the gap in employment outcomes between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians by 2018.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards