National Career Development Week 2011
NEW - Resources Hub on the NCDW Website
Late last year the NCDW advised that the NCDW website would be undergoing a navigation refresh for 2011 to make it easier for you to locate and use the vast number of resources they have available. NDCW can now reveal the exciting news that their refreshed website has become the home of a unique new career “Resources Hub”. There are new resources to help Australians to get started with their career planning, including more links on the Must-Have Career Resources and special new Government Career Development Resources and an Industry Skills Council links pages, new Career Factsheets and more. Click here to check it out!
NEW - NCDW Video Resource Helps Career Decision Making
NCDW are delighted to announce that following the huge success of the 2010 The NCDW Video Series – The High Five Messages of Career Development, in another Australian first, the team at NCDW has produced four new video resources to help make career decisions easier. This exciting new video series, called The NCDW Video Series – Career Development puts the YOU in your career, includes “School – what’s the point?”, “Making smart subject and course choices”, “Parents as career coaches”, and “Your career – make it happen!” Each video may be used as an independent resource or in conjunction with any or all of the other videos.
The video’s feature NCDW ambassadors, Angela Bishop (entertainment reporter) , Mark Furze (actor/musician) and David Wirrpanda (professional football player/ founder of the David Wirrpanda Foundation). The videos will be available on the AusCareerWeek YouTube channel from March 2011.
NCDW on Facebook
The AusCareerWeek Facebook is closely monitored by the NCDW Team and updated regularly with information, photos and links. It is designed to help students understand how career development assists them to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes which inform their decisions about school and post-school education, employment and training options. Check it out!
How Do You Get Involved in the NCDW Campaign?
National Career Development Week 2011 invites all organisers of events with a career-related theme to register your events on their database at www.ncdw.com.au . NCDW celebration week will take place from 16 to 22 May 2011, but you can register events being held at any time in the months ahead. We had over 900 events registered during 2010 and, from the feedback we’ve received, 2011 already promises to be even bigger and better. To get registered it’s as easy as completing the Events Registration Form on the NCDW website. Once registered, you’ll be able to use all the resources on the website to assist you to run a successful career development activity.
Calling for participants! Survey on Career Needs of Young People
Urbis (one of the consultants on the DEEWR National Career Development Strategy Review) need career practitioners to complete an online survey for Element 2 of the Review - the career needs and wants of young people from the ages of 5 -24, their parents, career practitioners, teachers and employers.
All career practitioners who complete the survey will have the chance to win a $500 prize.
The survey will explore views on:
• Young peoples’ preparedness for work
• The type or work done by career practitioners
• Major gaps in young peoples’ skills and their readiness for work, as well as ways in which these gaps can be addressed
• Who plays a role in supporting the career development needs of young people.
The link to the Survey will be located on the NCDW Home Page in "Latest News" as soon as it is available.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards