'CONSEQUENCE' - A Crime Prevention Educational Resource - developed in a partnership between Ku-ring-gai youth workers and local police force.
The now completed short film resource named ‘Consequence’ covers important community issues such as drink driving, alcohol-fuelled violence and malicious damage. All filming was conducted within the Ku-ring-gai area and the stories reflect scenarios that can or have occurred amongst young people. The result was the development of three short films that will display powerful images and themes to young people and the wider community.
The aim of this resource is to:
- initiate discussion amongst young people about the law and decision making
- combine education with entertainment in order to engage young people about these topics
- assist young people to develop a higher level of skills relating to decision making
- bring attention to the role alcohol plays in decision making.
Facilitator notes have been developed to accompany the films. These are power point presentations that consist of brainstorming questions and facts relating to the specific topics. Each film has an accompanying power point which includes both pre and post film questions
Our plan is for this resource to be delivered as a workshop in high schools across the Ku-ring-gai area and beyond. These workshops can be delivered by Ku-ring-gai's youth professionals in partnership with the Police school liaison officers and may be suitable for welfare or PDHPE programs in high schools. For more information or to book a workshop in your school or service within the Ku-ring-gai area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 9424 0837.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards