Local Students support Inala Fair
Cherrybrook Technology High School students provided plants, cakes, barista and sales skills to assist in raising funds for Inala, a Rudolf Steiner organisation supporting individuals with disabilities. The Sunday Fair was another great success and the students and teachers built on their experience from the previous year.
Eight students trained as Baristas provided over 300 coffees to an enthusiastic crowd who braved dull weather and then unrelenting rain. The coffee van and goods were donated for the day by Cantarella Bros Pty Ltd. The students persevered with the inclement weather and enjoyed the challenge of honing their skills whilst raising much needed funds for the not for profit organisation. The students gained valuable community service hours and an insight into the workings of a community event.
The school extended their participation in the event this year by offering opportunities to a class of agriculture students to provide tomato plants and herbs for the Plant Stall. These students were able to use this experience to extend their studies on vegetable production and provided valuable data for their final assignment.
Another group of hardworking Hospitality students provided items for the Cake Stall, these included cherry and caramel slices, banana bread and a variety of muffins. The long serving parents who assist on the cake stall each year appreciated the energy and interest the students brought to the day.
This community event is a great example of business, schools and community achieving together. Hills Schools Industry Partnership hope to continue to facilitate and coordinate partnerships such as this in the future.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards