On The Job Training
The On The Job Training Initiative is an Australian Government budget commitment from 2008-09 and aims to extend workplace learning beyond the current 5 days for Industry Curriculum Framework (ICF) courses and up to 20 days for students involved in VET in schools programs across Australia. This Initiative is a one-off opportunity to support the improvement of student engagement, retention and participation whilst attending school.
The selected students will receive intensive mentoring from a school representative to ensure they are work ready. Individual Transition and Support/Plans Career and Transition plans, student profile, employability skills and industry specific training (eg white card) will be completed prior to each student participating in work placement for the On the Job Training.
This initiative is separate to work experience and work placement. Students have worked with the mentor to establish identified and achievable career choices. Although students are not necessarily currently studying an ICF course they have been selected for this program because of their focus or interest in this industry.
Hills School Industry Partnership has been tasked with supporting targeted students from 7 local high schools in completing over 100 work placements within the various industries. The first students to commence their On The Job Training work placement will go out early October and the placements with continue through to December 2009.
Hills Schools Industry Partnership is currently sourcing employers interested in supporting these students in an extended placement. Areas of interest include construction, hospitality, plumbing, landscaping, fitness, retail, animal care, fashion design, hairdressing, beauty, nursing, automotive, carpentry, electrical, entertainment, real estate, travel and tourism.
If you are able to assist a local high school student with their transition from school to work by providing On the Job Training please contact Hills Schools Industry Partnership on 9639 7999.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards