Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
On 23rd June, Hills Schools Industry Partnership held its inaugural Apprenticeship & Traineeship Expo. Approximately 150 students came from across North West Sydney to get information from over 20 Group Training Organisations and Employers about jobs that were available. The Expo provided an opportunity for students to talk to Group Training Organisations and Employers about employment opportunities and training options for when they leave school.
Students and young people were able to leave copies of their resumes with some organisations to be considered for jobs as they become available. The Expo itself targeted young people looking to enter the workforce later this year although there were also excellent opportunities for employers.
Careers Advisers from many local high schools and TAFE volunteered their time to ffer career assistance to young people. A quote from one parent who attended with her son "The Careers Advisers at the table outside were awesome. They gave us some good pointers and some really good advice. My son admitted afterwards to me that he had actually started to despair about the next 2 years and exactly what he could and couldn't do, and what he was believing he was capable of doing and what subjects to be doing. They helped ease that for him."
So a special thank you to: Melissa Parish - Model Farms High School, Maureen Tweed - William Clarke College, Kerry Turner - Marian College, Marisa Quattrocchi - Oakhill College, Gabrielle Seaton - Oakhill College, Helen Scott - Muirfield College, Chris Ferguson - Northmead High School, Kim Mahoney - Hills Grammar, Bev Paskin - Arden Anglican School, Gordon Doyle - Northholm Grammar.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards