HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards
In 2008, the Hills Schools Industry Partnership supported local Secondary Schools and TAFE Colleges offering Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses to Year 11 and 12 students as part of their HSC.
This support included the offer of a sponsored award to every participating school and college as an opportunity for them to acknowledge Outstanding Achievement in Workplace Learning amongst those students studying a VET framework course. These awards were quite separate to those selected for the SWL Awards Night in September from nominations by local employers.
Over the last months through end of year school presentations and Year 12 farewell events, the Hills Schools Industry Partnership has sponsored 27 awards to the following schools and colleges:
Arden Anglican College, Asquith Girls High School, Asquith Boys High School, Baulkham Hills TAFE, Carlingford High School, Castle Hill High School, Cherrybrook Technology High School, Crestwood High School, Cumberland High School, Galston High School, Gilroy College, Kellyville High School, Loreto Normanhurst, Marian College, Model Farms High School, Mount St Benedict College, Muirfield High School, Northholm Grammar School, Northmead High School, Oakhill College, Pacific Hills Christian School, Pennant Hills High School, Redeemer Baptist, St Leos College, Tara Anglican School for Girls, The Hills Grammar School and William Clarke College.
Sue Pearce, Executive Officer, said ‘It has been pleasing to see this initiative thoroughly endorsed by all 27 local schools offering VET courses to senior students. All were enthusiastic about recognising outstanding student achievement. We hope to see the initiative rolled out again during 2009 with the addition of an extra award so that both Year 11 and 12 students will benefit.”
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing