Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
For any community organisation, determining how to deliver your services on a shoe string budget is a necessary component of your business strategy.
One way Sydney Hills BUSINESS CHAMBER has found to do that is by working with a range of industry partners who expand the product and service offering to the CHAMBER’S members whilst benefiting themselves by increased exposure and opportunity.
The CHAMBER works in partnership with over 20 local organisations and each one of those receives a number of benefits in exchange for the support they offer the CHAMBER. One of those benefits is a fully funded, invitation only thank you dinner, which was held at The Mean Fiddler’s Shear Bar last fortnight, and was attended by Hills Schools Industry Partnership representatives John Mason and Caroline Gardner.
The CHAMBER works closely with Hills Schools Industry Partnership to bridge the gap between schools and industry, with the CHAMBER and many members participating in student work placements, careers days and mock interviews.
Business Development Officer
The CHAMBER highly values this relationship between Hills Schools Industry Partnership and promotes this relationship through all promotional activities and press releases as ‘a key strategic alliance partnership’. This partnership has been a formal arrangement for over 4 years now. The benefits to the CHAMBER are communication, business partnership engagement and exposure to a potential pool of members and partners. To the CHAMBER member’s it provides a chance to contribute to corporate responsibilities to the education and wider community whilst providing tangible opportunities to review potential employees and review the needs of future prospects.
This relationship has been a journey as all parties through the alliance partnership have grown to understand the needs of each other. This has been achieved by sharing resources at a board level, developing programs and events being offered to the community and reviewing formal arrangements on an annual basis to ensure that mutual goals are continuously aligned.
John Mason Chair Hills Schools Industry Partnership,
Executive Sydney Hills Business Chamber
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- Building Relationships
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards