The Building Relationships event was held on the 19th October, 2010 at The Epping Club and was described by participants as a resounding success, providing valuable information for community businesses and schools. Guest speakers included Peter Garrard, Principal of Epping Boys High School. He outlined the value gained by community and business groups engaging in partnership with local schools, providing an invaluable experience for students moving from education into the professional work environment.
Other guest speakers included Andrew Hill from STAR TV, Eugene Lau from CISCO IT and Stefan Sojka, Creative Director of Cyrius Media Group. Each inspirational speaker spoke of success stories and highlighted the value of linking industry with schools which ultimately benefits our community, our future and our young people. The principals and teachers who attended created relationships with industry and community groups which will be of great benefit to their schools. 89% of businesses present indicated that they would like to work with schools in the future.
We invite you to view film footage and photographs of the evening by following the link provided.
- MTA Apprenticeship Plus - Automotive Pre Apprenticeship courses
- Youth Connection Series - Bully Prevention Week
- CyberSafety Button
- HillsSIP 2011 Case Study Booklet
- Hospitality Koori Job Ready Course
- Living with Teenagers - FREE Parent/Carer Information Series
- Resume Builder Resource Hits the Mark!
- Well Done 'Young Mum'
- Aspiring Leaders Floor CEO Program
- Closing the gap - Prime Minister's report
- National Career Development Week 2011
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Work Placement Advisory Panel
- Community to Benefit from Innovative Leadership Program (CEO)
- Australian Curriculum
- Bringing Parents Up to Speed - Adolescent Mental Health Forum
- News Article - Eventful Work Experience
- Children with Disability Australia (CDA)
- Effective Support Strategies
- Parents Business and Community groups
- Mock interview or mentors for schools
- Education - Your Experience?
- How do I choose a career pathway?
- Youth Services and Resource Directory
- The Solar Boat Challenge
- Local Students support Inala Fair
- On The Job Training
- Chamber & HillsSIP - Working Together
- Awards for Excellence in Work Placement
- Worth Employing?
- Accessing the Future
- CSI: The Mystery has been solved
- Goodbye UAI, Hello ATAR
- Hills Schools Industry Partnership Apprenticeship Expo
- Parents as Career Guides Wrap Up
- Students Learn by Doing
- HillsSIP Sponsored VET Awards